Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Friday, April 30, 2010

April Comes and Goes

Where did April go? It seems the month just began and now it's the end. Since April's going, one of my favorite Simon & Garfunkle songs, "April, Come She Will," seems appropriate for today's posting:



This April has been one of the prettiest, greenest Aprils I can remember for a long time. The pasture greened up early. It's so lush, I can only let the old mares in for limited periods.


The woods are almost luminous:







Perhaps this green, green April is Mother Nature's way of making up for the dreadful winter.

But April went too fast.
~

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty song. It's not one of theirs that I remembered.

Di

8:36 AM  
Blogger CountryDew said...

It has been a lovely April. Now it looks like June! The trees are full of leaves much sooner than I recall from previous years.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

It DID go fast for some reason.

12:10 AM  
Blogger Sweet Virginia Breeze said...

April was a beautiful month - so very, very green. I think we were all so glad to see spring this year after our snowy winter.

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home