Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Monday, April 05, 2010

Tiptoe Through the Tulips

Tulips are blooming in my yard now.


As the song* says:

Tiptoe through the window
By the window, that is where I'll be
Come tiptoe through the tulips with me

Oh, tiptoe from the garden
By the garden of the willow tree
And tiptoe through the tulips with me

Knee deep in flowers we'll stray
We'll keep the showers away
And if I kiss you in the garden, in the moonlight
Will you pardon me?
And tiptoe through the tulips with me 





 Meanwhile, just beyond the tulip bed, my husband tills up a small garden plot.



However, you can't tiptoe when you're using one of these:



* For those of (ahem) a certain age who remember Tiny Tim and Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In, here's the the song:



~

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never see many tulips. Tons of daffodils, but tulips seem sparse. Wonder what's up with that.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TV was so much fun back then.

3:21 PM  
Blogger CountryDew said...

Your flowers are lovely!

10:58 AM  
Blogger Sweet Virginia Breeze said...

Lovely tulips. I'm so disappointed that mine didn't come up.

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home