Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Desktop Kitty

by Tanner Dempsey Mushkeau
(youngest household cat)

One of my jobs as a house kitty iz to help my mommy when she iz in her study. I iz learning to be a good office assistant. Here iz some of my jobs:

 I checks the wastebasket.


I checks every little crevice.


It looks OK.


 I unpacks boxes.


I clears off the desk top. I don't clean floors though.


I dusts the keyboard. My tail iz a good duster.


I iz learning to use office supplies. It iz not easy to get the top off a pen.


I might be biting the wrong end. 


I haz not quite figured out how the stapler works either. 


When I get it to work, I will test it on Jim-Bob's tail.


That reminds me: Another job I haz is that I tries to keep other cats from messing up the desk, but it iz not easy. Sometimes I haz to remind Chloe that she haz to get down.


Chloe iz not too bad to deal with. Her brother Jim-Bob iz a big problem. No matter how nice I asks him to leave, he won't go. Sometimes he wants to fight me.




I hate when Jim-Bob wins the fight.


One of these days, he will realize that I iz the boss on this desk top.
~

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Kimberly said...

I love Tanner!

12:19 PM  
Blogger Sweet Virginia Breeze said...

So cute! Reminds me of my cats.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Latane Barton said...

Those cats are just toooo cute. I know they are a huge entertainment.

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home