Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Sunday, November 08, 2009

VWC Meeting

Yesterday, a few other Valley Writers and I attended the annual meeting of the Virginia Writers Club in Charlottesville. There were a couple of things about this meeting that stood out.

1. One of the attendees wasn't human. He was a hawk named Harris Potter who came with his author owner, Andy Straka. I am not making this up. The hawk was live, not stuffed. Here is a picture:



2. My publisher sent me a half dozen Advance Reader Copies of Ferradiddledumday, plus a whole bunch of promotional bookmarks and postcards. (Unfortunately, she wasn't able to attend the meeting herself because her daughter was in a accident that morning.)

I'd already seen PDFs of what the book's interior sort of looked like and jpegs of the front and back cover. It was neat to see what the book would actually look like. 


 
Recently my author page appeared on the Cedar Creek website, with a toll-free number to advance order copies. In about two months, my book will be available. Check it out.

Meanwhile, I need to distribute the ARCs to some of my blogger buddies who have Blue-Ridge/Appalachian blogs so they can get started on their reviews. 

(Is this a post blatant promo? Yeah, I guess it is.)
~

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Clementine said...

I hope I'm on the review list - I can't wait to get my hands on this book! Congratulations!

3:20 PM  
Blogger Becky Mushko said...

You're # 1 on the list. (Blue Country Magic is # 2) The ARCs will go out in tomorrow afternoon's mail. Anyone else with an active Blue Ridge blog or a kid-lit blog who'd like to review? I have two copies to spare.

3:57 PM  
Blogger CountryDew said...

I think blatant promotion is fine! I am looking forward to seeing and reading your book.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Becky Mushko said...

The ARC will be in the mail tomorrow.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Betsy Ashton said...

I'll review and post a blog entry, even though I do not focus on kid lit or Blue Ridge themes.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Becky Mushko said...

But your blog does have a literary focus, Betsy. Plus you have the perspective of knowing both illustrator and author, and watching this project evolve at Lake Writer meetings. So, yeah, I think a review from you would work nicely.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Sweet Virginia Breeze said...

I know this must be so exciting for you. Congratulations!

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home