Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Sunday, November 01, 2009

Kreative Blogger Stuff

Tara, over at the Bloodcrossed Writer blog recently awarded me a Kreative Blogger Award. (Thanks, Tara!)



The Rules:
  1. Copy the pretty picture and post it on your blog. [Done]
  2.  Thank the person that gave it to you and link to their blog. [Thanks, Tara!]
  3. Write 7 things about yourself we don't know. [See below]
  4. Choose 7 other bloggers to pass the award to. [This is where I have problems. I don't send stuff on. I couldn't begin to count the number of e-mail chain letters that have died with me. So here's my deal. If you think you deserve the award, I hereby give it to you.]
  5. Link to those 7 other bloggers. [Let me know if you accept, and I'll edit in a link a link here.]
  6. Notify your 7 bloggers. [You're readingt this; you're notified.]
Now, this isn't the first time I've received this award, so I'll try to think up some new stuff.

Hmmmm. Thinking . . . thinking. . . .
  1. I don't like to watch sports, and I can't understand why people get so excited about a game.
  2. I have problems with artificial sweeteners. Aspartame gives me bad back-of-the head headaches. Splenda raises my blood glucose levels as much as sugar does.
  3. I've never been to Europe or even wanted to go. I figure my ancestors had good reasons for leaving.
  4. I never ate broccoli, Brussel sprouts, eggplant, or pizza until I was in college. Mama only cooked the things her mother had cooked (which were things she'd grown herself), etc.
  5. I never bought a school lunch (not counting the college cafeteria) until I was a student-teacher. Mama always packed my lunch from first grade (no kindergarten in those days) through high school. 
  6. My goal in first grade was to quit school when I turned sixteen.
  7. I'm tone deaf to sharps and flats. 
There.
~

2 Comments:

Blogger CountryDew said...

Boy, you missed that first-grade goal big time, didn't you!

And aren't you glad?

3:04 PM  
Blogger Becky Mushko said...

Yeah, I guess I did.

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home