Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Kitten Philosophy


Today's post is courtesy of the resident kittens, Chloe and Jim-Bob, who will share some of their philosophies of life. OK, mainly Chloe's philosophies. But Jim-Bob helped.


Scream when you want something, purr when you get it.

 


Feed me NOWWWWW!


Before you can shed light on anything, you first have to figure out how to turn on the lamp.


If pulling this tassel doesn't work, maybe I'll try this knob.


Sometimes thinking outside the box means thinking inside somewhere else.

 


Well, it's not like anyone was using this flowerpot.

 Being stuck between a rock and a hard place is difficult. Being stuck between the screen and the glass is no fun either.


Somebody get me outta here!

Share the good times with a buddy.


Let's pretend this rug is a wrestling mat.

 

The best defense is a look of innocence. Or surprise. Or surprised innocence.

 


What messed-up rug?! I don't know what you're talking about.


If you mess with something long enough, you might figure it out.


Let's see. . . if I bite this cord right here. . . .

When you've finished your work, move on.


I'm outta here. I didn't touch a thing!


When you don't know what to do, take a nap.


ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!
~


Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Sweet Virginia Breeze said...

I love your pictures and the kittens are just adorable! My cat loves to sleep in the pot with the Norfolk Island Pine too.

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home