Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Countdown to Publication

Ferradiddledumday, my Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story will be released in early January. That's only a little over six weeks away. Already my publisher has made an author page for me and my illustrator and has sent me a bunch of promo materials: advance reader copies, bookmarks, and cards.



I've already sent out some of the advance reader copies to bloggers. Amy Tate's review has already appeared on her Virginia Scribe blog.

I've been putting together some press kits that I'll use for media folks who've indicated interest in doing a story.



I have several appearances already lined up. Waiting for this book to come out is kind of like waiting for Christmas when I was a kid.
~

1 Comments:

Blogger Clementine said...

I'm so excited for you! You should do some sort of contest on your blog, and give away a copy. We'll miss you tomorrow, but I promise not to talk about you too much.

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home