Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Neat Stuff

Yesterday at the Artisan Center, I saw some neat stuff. Faithful readers of this blog know I'm  a sucker for anything involving cats, so is this cat lamp neat, or what?


Actually, I like the dog lamp, too. Both made me smile when I saw them.


Where would I put them in my house? I haven't a clue. Some other things that made me smile were some assemblages by Pendred Wilson.


I loved the wordplay with some of her titles, like this one of "Ava Gardener":


Or Marie Antoinette's infamous words, "Let Them Eat Cake":



Below, the one on the left is "My Grandmother's Arms":

Here's a closer view:


I can't remember the title of this, but it's quite a collection:


These caught my eye, too: I like art that both surprises and delights me.



I like art that both surprises and delights me. According to the poet Robert Frost, "A poem should begin in delight and end in wisdom." Perhaps art should do that, too.

~

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow... the cat lamp sort of creeped me out a little bit. Unique, but kind of creepy too.

Di

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home