Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Artisan Center, Part II

Yesterday, I blogged about my books in the Artisan Center Along the Crooked Road.  The art, though, is what the place is all about. Check out some of the lovely things I saw—and I didn't even go upstairs.


Carol Yopp's paintings and acrylic cutting boards.
Her horse painting is one of my favorites.

These dolls are lovely.

The little cow purse is so cute.

Some of Ibby Greer's paintings.

More of Ibby Greer's paintings

Ibby also painted these gourds.

Lots of jewelry. These are only a few pieces.

A blanket chest

Walking sticks by Kerry Wood.

Patty Van Dolson's mosaics.

Patty owns Gallery in the Pines in Glade Hill, VA.


I loved the color of these ceramic pieces.


Some of the upstairs art.






Pottery by Nell Fredericksen sits on glass-topped pillars.

A closer look at nell Fredericksen's pottery.
That shade of blue is my favorite color.


While I was there, Leslie Santapaul brought in some of her dish gardens.

Here are more dish gardens atop the wooden plaques.

I really liked this one.

These pictures show only a part of all there is at the Artisan Center. See why I like the place so much? (And I'm a fan of the Artisan Center Facebook page, too.)
~

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Pathfinder said...

Great visit, great photos, Becky! Thanks for coming in so often and spreading the word! Glad you have more of your books in there, too :) Hope you will be not only at the April 6th author event you are doing there but also at the April 9th Spring Fling! 10-3:00

11:38 AM  
Blogger Sweet Virginia Breeze said...

Thanks for the photo tour of the Artisan Center. It looks like the perfect place to spend an afternoon. I'd like to visit one day.

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home