Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Artisan Center, Part I

Today, while I was in Rocky Mount, I visited the Artisan Center along the Crooked Road and dropped off some copies of two of my books.

While the Artisan Center had copies of Ferradiddledumday, Patches on the Same Quilt, and More Peevish Advice, it didn't have any copies of The Girl Who Raced Mules & Other Stories or Where There's A Will. I had a few copies of each and decided I should part with them. Here they are in the book section, which is a large antique cabinet:


See?


Beside the book cabinet is a door that leads to a room that acts as the official visitors center for  the area. Books of area interest are also displayed in the "Visitor Information" room.



Since Franklin County is known as the moonshine capital of the world, there are also some moonshine related artifacts and books. No actual moonshine, though.


Here's a picture of the largest still ever raided (and subsequently destroyed) in Franklin County.


The room also contains handcrafted items as well as books.


I'll post more about the Artisan Center tomorrow.

But if you're in downtown Rocky Mount, you should definitely stop for a visit. (And if you want to see my books on Amazon.com, you can find them here.)
~

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home