Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Monday, January 01, 2007

2007

Happy New Year!

Buford (the official desk cat) naps while he should be working. He'll never finish his novel at this rate.

Among my writing resolutions:

1. Write at least two-thirds of my middle-grade paranormal novel by July.

2. Get commercially published. OK, I've kinda done that. My essay "Out of the Fog" will be in A Cup of Comfort for Writers (Adams Media, summer 2007) and my dreadful "Worst Western" winning sentence from the 1996 Bulwer-Lytton contest will be in the as-yet-untitled anthology (Friday Project, 2007).

3. Attend at least three writing conferences. (Another easy one! I'm pretty sure I'll go to the CNU, the AWA, and the James River conferences again this year.)

4. If I can't get a commercial publisher interested in the latest collection of my "Peevish Advice" columns (2001-2006), I'll go ahead and POD. Gee, you'd think redneck advice humor would be a bigger genre than it is.

Buford hasn't told me his resolutions yet. I think they all involve sleeping on my desk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home