Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Stuck is Available!

Today I beheld the printed copy of my middle grade novel, Stuck, for the first time.

ISBN 978-0965941969

I haven't gotten my author copies yet—but the Westlake Library recently received the copies they will sell at my author talk next week. So, I begged two copies from them—one for me and one for my cover model, Samantha Newcomb.

Next week, I'll be busy promoting. Monday, I'll do a stint on WYTI's "Our View" show. You can listen via computer at http://www.wytiradio.com. Stuck debuts at Franklin County Library on Tuesday at 7:00, where we will also announce the winners of the Stuck art contest. On Thursday at 6:30, I'll do an author talk at the Westlake Library.

This week, three local papers have published stories (in print and online) about Stuck: The Laker Weekly,
the Franklin News-Post, and The Smith Mountain Eagle. While the Eagle only has part of the story posted, the other two have the full articles.

Franklin News-Post

Laker Weekly

Smith Mountain Eagle

 Stuck is now available from Cedar Creek Publishing and from Amazon.com.

In case you didn't notice, this post is a blatant promotion for my book.
~

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm very excited for you, Becky, and wish you all the luck in the world with your newest book!

Di

5:45 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

So I told Anita this the other day, but I'll tell you as well.

If you're interested in doing anything at the Tanglewood B&N, let me know. I am an assistant manager there now. We would need to be able to order copies, through a wholesaler ideally, if you'd like to do a signing.

Good luck with the promotions! Looking forward to picking up a copy soon!

~Tara

6:28 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

Congratulations! I'm proud to add you to the main section of the AppLit bibliography on Appalachian Fiction for Children and Young Adults (http://www2.ferrum.edu/applit/bibs/fictionbibchild.htm)

9:49 PM  
Blogger CountryDew said...

Godspeed to you Becky! I am so impressed with you and your ability to get this published! I hope you will post a list of times you are in the Roanoke area.

Congratulations on the cover design, too. I think it is very nice.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Congratulations on your book! How exciting :-)
I was looking for a place to follow your blog, but I didn't see anywhere.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Becky Mushko said...

Hi Lisa! This blog has an old no-frills template. The only way I know to follow it is to go to your dashboard on Blogger and manually add it there.

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home