Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Monday, March 10, 2014

Tanner Comes Clean

By Tanner

I have been thinking about what I posted yesterday. In fact, I had trouble sleeping because I was thinking about it.


I tried to talk about it to my bestest friend Chloe, but all she wanted to do was sleep. So I tossed and turned.


And tossed and turned some more.


I just couldn't get comfortable.


What was I to do?


When Jim-Bob came along to kiss his sister good-night, he noticed I wasn't sleeping well.


Chloe told him what I'd done, and Jim-Bob said I ought to 'fess up about it if I knew what was good for me. I told him that no one could prove it was me. But then he told me . . .


. . . that he'd seen the surveillance pictures that not only linked me to the crime . . .


. . . but also showed that I'd bitten a spider plant. 


Well, there was nothing to do but confess, so I wrote a note to Mommy.


You will notice that I only admitted I did it. I didn't say I was sorry.


Because I'm not sorry. I had a good time throwing that dirt. And I will probably do it again if I get a chance.

And Mommy really should clean up my mess. I can't believe it's been there so long.
~

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger CountryDew said...

This was funny.

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home