Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Thinking Pink

I have a lot of pink flowers blooming now. For instance, this rose that fellow Valley Writer Bob Sandy gave me a few years ago is a wonderful shade of deep pink:


Behind it are some azaleas that were here when we bought this place in 1999. Do you think they qualify as pink?



They almost look orange, but I think they're really more pink than they are orange. Now the azaleas below are definitely pink.


So are these.


This peony, in front of the pink azaleas, has a very pale touch of pink, but it looks white in the picture. 


These begonias I bought yesterday are pink.


Some of the dianthus near the gazebo have deep pink centers.


The miniature rose is pale pink.


But is this iris pink? Or is it mauve? Is mauve kind of pink?


What about this one by the mailbox? I think it's a delicate pink.


The other irises near the mailbox are sort of lavender, although they have a pinkish cast. Well, sort of.


Depends on how you look at them. . . . 


Perhaps pink is in the eye of the beholder?

Ya think?

~

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can almost smell that white peony. LOVE that flower... always have since childhood since my grandmother had peony bushes around their house.

Di

5:01 PM  
Blogger Sweet Virginia Breeze said...

Your flowers are so pretty. I have never been able to grow pretty ross. Maybe I should try agin.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

You have a lot of flowers!

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home