Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Color of Me

Did you know that most CEOs prefer magenta? A story in USA Today told how one's favorite colors indicates personality and aptitude. You can find the test here.

According to the test's website, "The Dewey Color System® is now the world's most accurate career testing instrument. This report based on your personality traits indicates your two most enjoyable day-day-day occupation skills." OK, what did I have to lose? I took the test. My results:

Best Occupational Category: You're a CREATOR

Keywords: Nonconforming, Impulsive, Expressive, Romantic, Intuitive, Sensitive, and Emotional. These original types place a high value on aesthetic qualities and have a great need for self-expression. They enjoy working independently, being creative, using their imagination, and constantly learning something new. Fields of interest are art, drama, music, and writing or places where they can express, assemble, or implement creative ideas.


Well, I'm a writer-wanna-be and I taught drama for several decades. I'm indeed creative and imaginative, and I do work best alone. I'm not impulsive though. I study all the angles before I make a decision.

CREATOR OCCUPATIONS: Suggested careers are Advertising Executive, Architect, Web Designer, Creative Director, Public Relations, Fine or Commercial Artist, Interior Decorator, Lawyer, Librarian, Musician, Reporter, Art Teacher, Broadcaster, Technical Writer, English Teacher, Architect, Photographer, Medical Illustrator, Corporate Trainer, Author, Editor, Landscape Architect, Exhibit Builder, and Package Designer.

I was an English teacher for decades. I once had a broadcaster's license but never used it. My first job was in a library, and I'm on the Board of Trustees for the Franklin County Library. I've written feature stories, but never news reports, so I'm not a reporter.  While I've edited stuff for friends, I'm a long way from having qualifications to be a professional editor.

CREATOR WORKPLACES: Consider workplaces where you can create and improve beauty and aesthetic qualities. Unstructured, flexible organizations that allow self-expression work best with your free-spirited nature. 

No argument from me there.

Suggested Creator workplaces are advertising, public relations, and interior decorating firms; artistic studios, theaters and concert halls; institutions that teach crafts, universities, music, and dance schools. Other workplaces to consider are art institutes, museums, libraries, and galleries.

My second-best occupational category? You're a SOCIAL MANAGER 


KeywordsTactful, Cooperative, Generous, Understanding, Insightful, Friendly, and Cheerful. This very social type enjoys working in groups, sharing responsibilities, and being the center of attention. Fields of interest are instructing, helping, nurturing, care giving and instructing-especially young people. They discuss and consider feelings in order to solve problems, lead, direct, persuade, guide, organize and enlighten others.

Um, tactful? Moi? I don't think so. But a lot of the other traits do go with being a teacher.

My favorite color? Blue.
~

1 Comments:

Blogger Clementine said...

Interesting. Although, I don't like being catagorized! Mom tried to do that for years and I learned quickly how to throw her off. It's fun being a Roy G Biv.

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home