- Spread some mulch in front of the house. I bought the mulch back in March. I still have some in the back of my old truck. I really need to get it all spread.
- Gave Cupcake a “home haircut.” She’s an old horse (27!) and her hair grows long. If I don’t cut it, she sweats badly. So I cut some of it. Unfortunately I don’t have professional clippers—just Wahl “Iron Horse.” Cupcake looks ratty, but she’s much more comfortable.
- Groomed Melody, who was jealous that Cupcake got so much attention.
- Revised/proofed a couple more chapters of Stuck, my work-in-progress. (I’m almost halfway through this revision. I think this is revision number 4. I’m losing track.)
- Edited/critiqued “Duke’s” Chapter 33.
- Googled agents that I’m interested in submitting work to.
- Took Maggie and Hubert for a run down at Polecat Creek. I only meant to take Maggie, but Hubert escaped from the kennel (he runs underneath Maggie while I’m bringing her through the gate) and loaded himself in the back of the truck before Maggie and I got there. The creek is very low—maybe a third what it usually is. Maggie couldn’t submerge herself as much as she likes.
- Combed the snits out of Maggie’s hair while she watched a rat-hole.
- Hauled manure to my flower bed and spread it around.
- Rode Cupcake.
- Did absolutely nothing in the way of housework.
Labels: rural life