Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Summer Bounty

My little garden has been providing enough zucchini to have a serving (or more) a day and plenty of tomatoes and cucumbers. The peaches are all gone (the last ones were pickled) and the yellow squash succumbed to squash beetles, but I'm still picking something every day.


Eating fresh veggies from the garden minutes after you pick them is the way to go.


~

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Claudia Condiff said...

Bob and I just covered my counter with zucchini,summer squash, cukes and tomatoes!!He found a zucchini wrapped around the tire they are growing in! I didn't know it was there!Going to fry that one!!
Isn't it amazing?

9:40 PM  
Blogger CountryDew said...

Love the summer harvest!

12:41 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Yum, those tomatoes are beautiful!

3:36 PM  
Blogger Amy Hanek said...

My brown thumb is VERY jealous!!

5:52 PM  
Blogger Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Ooh, those pickled peaches look good!

www.GreenerPastures--ACityGirlGoesCountry.blogspot.com

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home