Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Monday, June 30, 2008

After the Storm is Over

After the storm is over
And the rains have come and gone
After the storm is over
I was there all along.
From "After the Storm Is Over," by Bill Miller

We've had needed rain for the last several afternoons. On Saturday evening, the sky looked like this after one storm ended and before another began:




Today (Monday), the sky after the storm was beautiful. About 8:35 this evening, a rainbow appeared in the southeast:


The Monday sunset was nice, too:


After the storm was over and the rains had come and gone, I'm glad I was there with my camera.

~

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Amy Hanek said...

We saw the rainbow last night too. It was one of the most beautiful I've seen in a long time.

The sunset along Golden View was breathtaking as well.

Very nice pictures!!

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos. Absolutely breathtaking. And, to think I thought Arizona had cornered the market on beautiful sunsets.

Your blog is wonderful.

E.M.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

We also saw that rainbow! You take great pictures. And yes, the storms have been beautiful. Always reminds me of heaven.

www.GreenerPastures--ACityGirlGoesCountry.blogspot.com

11:09 PM  
Blogger Becky Mushko said...

That was one of the best rainbows I've seen in years! I can't believe I just happened to walk out the door at exactly the right moment.

I'm glad I got a picture, even though that picture doesn't do it justice.

Lately, watching the sky has been better than watching TV.

11:18 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Oh I LOVE the rainbow! I'll never forget when Shannon and I were first married we lived in some apartments off of Ogden Rd. in Roanoke. One day, driving home from work, I turned the corner and saw two rainbows pouring INTO Ogden. I've never seen the beginning or the end of one - I drove right THROUGH them. If only I could have grabbed the pot of gold!

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home