Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Friday, June 20, 2008

Relatively Speaking

I spent today with various cousins.

This morning, my cousin Hunter from down the road accompanied me to the Franklin County Library for Craft Day. We'd worked together there last year. This year we manned the visor-making table. Before the general public came in, Hunter got to try his hand at making another craft. (All of the crafts were bug-related.)


Here's our table (below) with the visor-making stuff spread out. Kids could make a visor that looked like a butterfly, a bee, a beetle, or a lady bug. Our job was to help them glue the parts in the right order.


This afternoon, my cousin Mary (the one who is younger and more agile than I am) came over to ride Melody. Her son Collin came to ride Cupcake for the first time.

Melody was full of energy. Cupcake wasn't.

Too bad I didn't take pictures of the horses. Or make visors for them.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy Hanek said...

Nice pictures!! The kids are really cute too - lol.

It was really nice seeing you and Hunter. I think Cameron looks forward to joining you both next year.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Clementine said...

I just hate that we missed that this year. I was too busy getting ready to leave for vacation. Looks like you had another great time!

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home