Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Hair Today?

Nest tomorrow!


My porch birds have recycled some of Cupcake's excess tail hair into this year's nest.


Looks like they had plenty left over.

~

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Clementine said...

That's hilarious! I bet it was quite an ordeal getting it up there. I would think it would be heavy for a bird! Maybe its the new decorating fad this spring.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

I CANNOT believe you posted that because I just took pictures of a nest up on my porch pillar. I could see there were some horse hairs trailing from it. Not thick like yours, but horse hairs nonetheless. We must be on the same wavelength because when you posted your lilac pictures, I had just taken mine.

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home