Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Saturday, April 19, 2008

In Bloom


Spring is in full bloom now. The redbud in the front yard is starting to fade, but it's still pretty.

The lilac at the farm down the road is hung with blooms and butterflies.




So is the azalea. This one almost died last year, but is bouncing back.


At the house, I lost several azaleas to last year's drought. The remaining azaleas have more blooms than I've seen for several years:



"And since to look at things in bloom. . . ."

~

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy Hanek said...

Wow! What gorgeous pictures!!

5:18 PM  
Blogger CountryDew said...

Those are lovely. I love lilacs but haven't a lilac on the place. I'll have to remedy that some day.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Did you steal my pictures of the lilacs and the butterflies? I just took pictures of the exact same thing!

Wow, and what azaleas!

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home