Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Tanner's Ouchie

A guest post by Tanner the Kitty

I got bit last week. My ouchie looks kind of bad in this picture because it was still fresh, but it has gotten a lot better.


I'm not telling who bit me because I am not a snitch. Mommy has it narrowed down to either Jim-Bob or George, and I have to admit they are the two likeliest candidates. Here is a picture of me with George and Jim-Bob. We are sleeping in laundry that Mommy just dumped on the bed.


Chloe and Camilla aren't suspects because they are smackers rather than biters. And Dylan wouldn't leave tell-tale puncture marks. He would do something devious.

Jim-Bob has been known to throw me around if he thinks I am getting into his space. Once he threw me against the wall and scuffed my head a little. So he is a likely suspect.

George and I rassle every day and sometimes we get a little bit  rough. It is easy to see how George might have bit me by mistake. Or maybe even on purpose if he thought I was winning. So I can see how Mommy considers him a suspect.

But I am not telling. I am not a snitch.

Mommy kept messing with my bit-place because she didn't want it to get affected like George's bit place did a couple of weeks ago, which cost her $$$. I didn't much like her cleaning it out. The cleaning was worse than getting bit. Anyhow, here's how my ouchie looked yesterday.



I try to think of my bit place as my red badge of cattage.
~

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The world is so violent already that I really expect better from the cat community. But whoever the culprit, I am glad Tanner is healing and I hope he is not plotting revenge. Enough!

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home