Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

500th Post

This is post #5oo! Wow, how time flies when you're having fun.

I'll keep this one short and report on my crape myrtles. Yep, my six Natchez white crape myrtles were planted last weekend. And today's rain no doubt helped them. As the did the organic fertilizer provided by Melody and Cupcake.


The above picture was taken Monday morning, right before Claudia and her two Australian shepherds, Belle and Penny, came to walk with Maggie and Hubert and me. I'll blog about that in a couple of days. Or maybe Maggie will. Claudia has already blogged it.

Besides the crape myrtles, I also planted a "discount" hydrangea. It's the stick in the bottom center foreground:


Anyhow, the crape myrtles and the hydrangea don't look like much now. But give them time.

Like an idea, they'll grow.
~

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger CountryDew said...

Congrats on the post! Yahoo!

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home