Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Hay Down

All the hay was cut on Smith Farm today. In fact, part of the hay on the Brown Place was also cut today. Look closely at the cut hay in the side field at Smith Farm. You can see the waves in this sea of grass:


I took these pictures of the back field this evening as the sun was low:


Here the tall grass still grows in the cabin yard:


This shot is from the bottom of the field looking up:


I love the patterns in the cut hay. Would this be tractor art?


Of course, a cut hayfield is the perfect place for a border collie to play Frisbee:




To us, it's a crop. To my horses, it's lunch. To Maggie, the hayfield is her playground.

~

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

seeing the beauty in all things...lovely way to look at life...I'm glad I share this with someone else, as I too look at nature with an artists eye..
nice pictures..I can smell the hay...

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home