Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Whimsy

A front door, if you believe the hype in decorating magazines, is supposed to be warm and welcoming.

The front door on my southern colonial ranch-style house has always looked at bit, well, bland. And boring.



Wanting to spiff it up a bit, I decided to paint it yellow. I thought a yellow door would add a touch of whimsy to the place.

The yellow was a bit brighter than I expected, but what the heck.


Not bland and boring any more, is it?

It's downright whimsical.

~

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger CountryDew said...

I like it.

7:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it!
After painting my florida kitchen purple, I asked my husband what color I should paint the bedroom. All he said was "not purple".
Your door looks like sunshine...
I love color!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Amy Hanek said...

Yellow is a risky color and you pulled it off perfectly. I have seen many shades of yellow on houses that are much too harsh. Making sure your yellow is not too bright and has a buttery tone is key.

BTW: The apple and flowers are the warm, inviting touch you needed and complete your look. Nice job! I bet you feel as if you've found a brand new home to enter!

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home