Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Saturday, May 24, 2008

What's in My Yard Today?

Earlier today, there was a horse in my yard.


"Bud Lite" is used for competitive driving. He was getting a workout on the road, and stopped to visit. Little Ruby Sherwood, the dog next door, decided to visit, too. She found a shady place under the cart.


However, Bud Lite soon went on down the road. Ruby (bottom left) stayed to investigate the area around my flower bed.


Meanwhile, Melody and Cupcake grazed amid the daisies.


Down the road at the farm, a sign appeared in the corner of our field. (Is that a great piece of yard art, or what?)


Apparently, VDOT will finally fix the low water bridge at the end of Bar Ridge Road. Why will they take two weeks? In the fields on either side of the road, our hay is down.


Cut hay on a sunny day is a pretty sight!


And that's what was in my yard (and fields) today.

~

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy Hanek said...

I would take a picture of my yard today, but no one wants to see the sludge in my pool as I attempt to open it.

I do love a fresh mowed yard or field!

5:41 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

There is a fellow down the road from us that owns an old fashioned buggy and a couple of bays. I love it when he stops by; sometimes he'll give the kids a ride.

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home