Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Thursday, August 02, 2007

A Book in the Hand


That's my hand. That's the book my essay "Out of the Fog" is in. I now have books in hand (on hand?) for tomorrow's Franklin County Bookfest appearance on channel 12's Rise & Shine, for Saturday's Hanover Bookfest at the Mechanicsville VFW, and for next Friday's Coffeehouse Reading at the Edible Vibe.


The Franklin County Bookfest Committee plans strategy for the Coffeehouse Reading.

I'll also have copies at tonight's Valley Writers and next Wednesday's Rocky Mount Writers and next Friday's Lake Writers.

Want a copy? I've got books in hand. Or at least in my car.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy Hanek said...

Yikes! I am glad they aren't video tapes! They would be toast!!

Congratulations Becky! You deserve it!! I will be back from the lake by the 12th. I may go to the library event that morning. If not, I will go to the ATM and find you.

Don't leave your car unlocked. They may be stolen by a well-read burglar!

2:20 PM  
Blogger Marion said...

OK, I'll have cash/checkbook in hand when I next see your smiling face...

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home