Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Monday, July 30, 2018

Alfreda Moves Up

by Alfreda, resident mom-cat

We're movin' on up
To the south side,
To a deluxe cat condo
In the den. . . .


If you read my earlier blog-post, you know that I adopted twins about seven weeks ago and am now a single mom-cat. For six weeks, we lived in cardboard boxes in the dowstairs den which has been a mess since the water heater malfuntion of June 11 when the furniture got moved out.


My little family and I are facing eviction in two weeks when a new carpet will be installed, so we decided to move out early.


We are currently residing in Tanner's former condo, which offers a south-facing view onto the deck. It also has some artwork, so we don't have to do much decorating.


Otis and Charlotte like the picture of the gray cat. Maybe because they're gray, too. Tanner's old condo is next to the big one, so we have maybe taken over that one, too.


It is a tight fit for all of us in the penthouse section. When the kittens grow a little more, they will have to move down to some of the lower levels.



Tanner is aware of what my kitties and I are doing, but he isn't too happy about it. Right after we'd moved in and had lunch, Tanner stopped by for a snack and to see what was going on.


Tanner pointed out that it was his cat-condo, but he might sub-lease it to me. The problem is that I don't have any money to pay rent.

Before I adopted Otis and Charlotte, I was working part-time on rat patrol at night in the garage, but Tanner said I wasn't doing a good enough job, so I quit to stay home with my kitties. Good cat jobs are hard to find, and Tanner won't even give me a recommendation.

Plus I confess I have a bad addiction to Temptations Cat Treats (I especially like the Chicken flavor and Dairy flavor). Unfortunately, the kittens saw me indulging and picked up this addiction from me. I shouldn't have gotten them hooked, but what's done is done. But I cannot afford to support this habit for the three of us without a source of income.

Consequently, if you would buy some of Mommy's books that would help pay my rent and buy Temptations for me and Otis and Charlotte. Her books and ebooks are on Amazon.
~

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home