Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Friday, December 19, 2014

Cat Boxes

We have been getting a lot of boxes from Amazon lately. While we humans have looked forward to the merchandise inside, the cats have coveted the boxes.

Camilla: "I saw it first. George. Too bad!"


"Hmm. It's certainly roomy. Maybe too big. I don't need all this space."


"I'll try this one." 


"No, that box is too small. Maybe this one."


"Ahhh. This one is just right."


George: "OK, I'll take this box."


"Camilla's right. This box is too big."


Chloe: "Let me have it then."


"Yeah, it's too big. Tanner, you can have it."


Tanner: "Yeah, too big."


George: "I thought Camilla would never leave! This box is just right."


"Snug. I like that in a box."


"But sometimes it's good to sleep outside the box."

"Especially if friends sleep with you."


"But sometimes it's nice to sleep alone. Outside the box."

~

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home