Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Thursday, May 08, 2014

Tanner Gets High

by Tanner the kitty

I was enjoying my new condo when something I didn't expect happened. Camilla, the resident old lady cat, climbed up and took it over.


I studied the situation for a while. What should I do?

 

I decided to go up and have a cat-chat with old Camilla and tell her it was my condo and she wasn't supposed to be there. I'll tell her that I like the highest spot, but it would be OK if she moved down a little lower. So I started my climb.


I didn't get to the top. Camilla said she is the matriarch of all the household cats and what she says goes and if I don't like it that is just too bad.


She looked down on me.


When I protested, she told me to talk to the paw.


I went back down to my old place and sulked for a little while. I was not happy.


Then I found some catnip and shared it with Chloe and we partied.



After a while I didn't feel so bad. If I couldn't climb high on my condo, I could get high another way.


Chloe, I think the earth is moving too fast. Hold me so I don't fall off the sofa!


Meanwhile, Camilla moved down a few floors. Maybe I could get my high spot back.


No such luck! Dylan, the resident old man cat, took it over.

 

 He says he is the patriarch of all the household cats and if I don't like it that is just too bad.

Here we go again, I thought. I need some more catnip.
~

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger CountryDew said...

That had me laughing out loud. Well done!

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home