Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Gardens Grow

How does my garden grow? Thanks to all the rain lately, my gardens are growing very well. In the one by the gazebo, the zucchini will soon be ready to pick.


In the small garden by the lower driveway, last year's onions didn't do much, but they make a spectacular display now as they go to seed. Butterflies like them.


The Swiss chard and this year's onions are doing nicely. I'm eating chard almost daily.


Tomato plants have blooms. A good sign.


The yellow squash will soon be ready to eat.


At the garden on the other side of the bottom driveway, the kale is doing pretty well. Bugs are eating a little of it, but there's still plenty for me. I'm eating kale every day, too.


The big kale patch on Polecat Creek Farm is thriving. 

 

So far, my gardens grow.

~

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home