Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Cloud Watching

When the rain cleared away yesterday, we had some spectacular clouds. Watching the sky was lots better than watching TV. Here are some pics I took while my husband and I drove around.

Clouds hang over Turkeycock Mountain.


These clouds look almost like the ocean.

My house is in the trees at center. The clouds seem to swirl from it.

Our hayfield at Smith Farm in Union Hall. The hay is overdue for cutting.

Another Union Hall pic.
What are those purple and green squiggly things in the upper right?  

Union Hall at Route 40. Turkeycock Mtn. in the background.

My house is just beyond the pines.

And here it is.

Looking to the northwest.

Looking north. See the Peaks of Otter?

Another northwest view.

Sunset.


~

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home