Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Farmer Eddie-Puss

A Guest Blog-Post
by Edgar Allan Puss
(household cat)

Spring means that some of us house-cats have to go outside and help with farm chores. I've been checking out the Massey-Ferguson to see if it's field-worthy. That's me on the seat.


Gotta make sure the tires are OK.


All these chains on top of the bush-hog look OK. (Note: Some yankee cats call it a "brush-hog," but I'm a born and bred rural Southern cat, so I call it what it is.)


The bush hog looks OK—at least from the top.


Chloe, do you want to help me get this tractor ready?


Let's check the blades to make sure they're sharp and still attached.


They look like they'll do. You can't be too careful. I remember back in the fall of  2011 when Daddy got one of the tractors stuck.


Jim-Bob, thanks for checking that tire again.


Everything is looking good from this end . . .


. . . but maybe I'd better check the front again. Jim-Bob said it was OK, but you're can't be too sure.


And I'd better check up top. Looks like a branch is about ready to fall on this tractor.


Darn. I forgot the chainsaw. No way I can get it loose with my bare claws.


Looks like Chloe and Jim-Bob are inspecting the hay-rake. 


Hey, kitties, y'all see any problems? No? Good!


Well, I guess there isn't much I can do up here.


Guess I'd better hop down and see what else needs doing.


I probably should look under the hood.


A cat's work is never done.
~

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Funny. Kind of reminds me of when you and I went somewhere one time and while we were gone, John inspected my truck. Maybe that's who the cat takes after.

11:35 PM  
Blogger CountryDew said...

That is funny. I enjoyed it.

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home