Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Monday, January 30, 2012

First Mulch of the Year

Because today was so warm, I decided to mulch a couple of flower beds. Usually this is a chore I do in late March, not late January.


I'd been coveting the great-looking mulch at Gardner's for over a week, so we hitched the trailer to the truck and headed down Route 40. The trailer holds two scoops.


A curious critter came out to see us.


Soon the second scoop was loaded.


I decided to do the two beds on either side of the driveway.


This flower bed looked pathetic and was badly in need of mulch.


So was this one on the opposite side of the driveway.


See what a difference a little mulch makes?


I also partially mulched the other flower bed, but I was too tired to take a picture. Plus I ran out of mulch.

Maybe later.
~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home