Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Cat Boxes

Among other upgrades (mentioned in this post), I'm upgrading the look of my den. I'd ordered new  cushions from replacemycushions.com to replace the faded and worn ones on my This End Up furniture.

I thought they'd arrive the first week in February, but when we returned from Kroger-shopping on Tuesday, three big boxes were waiting on the deck.


We dragged them in, opened them, and allowed Chloe to give them a cat scan.


I loved the color of the cushions, but Chloe was fascinated with the boxes.



So was Dylan.


Even after I moved an empty box into the hall, Chloe and Dylan followed it.


Eventually, however, they decided there was nothing in the boxes to interest them.

I'll post more about the den upgrade in a week or so. Meanwhile, if I can just figure a way to keep the cats in the boxes and off the furniture. . . .
~

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Franz X Beisser said...

Put a mirror in the boxes.

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home