Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Sunday, January 09, 2011

Saturday Snow & Dog Work

Saturday dawned cold and snowy. Maybe two inches fell. Here's how my world looked yesterday morning:











But in the kennel, Maggie the border collie had work to do.


First, there's fetching a ball.


And finding the ball again after it's been thrown:


And fetching it back again:


Then there's rat-hunting:

Might be one down there.

Yep, I smell a rat.

I'll see if I can dig it out.

Where is that rat? I'll keep trying.

~

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sweet Virginia Breeze said...

Beautiful pictures! I think animals can have as much fun in the snow as children can.

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home