Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Saturday, October 03, 2009

New Toys

Thanks to last Monday's surgery, I've been confined mainly to home except when hubby drives me somewhere (or I put plastic bags over the one pair of sandals that I can get into and limp outdoors). However, I have a new toy to keep me occupied:


I love my iPod Touch. Since I took the above picture, I've added a bunch of free apps—some games, a dictionary, Google Earth, and a couple of other thingies.

The Touch is actually a little wi-fi enabled computer, which makes it a lot handier than lugging around my lap-top. It's neat to sit on the porch and play with it.

Today, my husband bought himself a new (well, used) toy. It's a bit bigger than my iPod, and cost a lot more.

Here's a picture of him playing with it:


This is his fourth tractor. I only have the one iPod.
~

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if I love the iPod more or the tractor... BOTH are great toys! Have fun, both of you.

DI

8:26 PM  
Blogger Sweet Virginia Breeze said...

Why is it that guy toys are always big and have motors?
I have an ancient iPod that I rarely use anymore. Yours really looks like fun.

10:17 PM  
Blogger CountryDew said...

Apparently, you can never have too many tractors.

7:12 PM  
Blogger KathyA said...

OOhhh ! Two great gifts!! That ITouch looks like a lot of fun!

8:42 PM  
Blogger Becky Mushko said...

I love that iPod! I downloaded another bunch of apps his afternoon. And my husband has done a lot of bush-hogging the last two days.

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home