Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Monday, September 21, 2009

Kitty Smackdown

I'm not doing much writing lately: I'm too busy watching kittens. But I'm thinking about writing. The kittens' little characters are developing quite nicely, they're always plotting something, and there's lots of action. But I won't just tell you; I'll show you:

Don't Jim-Bob, Chloe, Lucy, and Jessica look sweet and innocent?


Let's take a closer look.


Jessica: Hey, Lucy—quit pushing. I'm about to go over the edge here.

Lucy: I'm not doing it. I'm wedged between you and Jim-Bob. Chloe is pushing me.

Chloe: Am not!

Jim-Bob: Hey! This is my kitty tower. I was here first. Why don't you gals take it outside?

Jessica: OK, Chloe. I'll see you outside.

Chloe: You're on!


Chloe strikes the first blow.


Jessica smacks back . . .


. . . and pins Chloe with a flying leap.



Chloe tries to escape, but Jessica gets in a final bite.


Winner of the smackdown—Jessica!


Jessica
: Ah, the sweet taste of victory!

~

12 Comments:

Blogger Clementine said...

Ahhh, heaven is...

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GREAT!! Love the kitty smackdown! ha ha ha

Di

1:56 PM  
Blogger KathyA said...

They are darling!

7:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cutest and most entertaining post ever. "The Epic Kitten Showdown." I don't suppose any of those darlings are for sale are they? :D

~Tara

2:00 AM  
Blogger Betsy Ashton said...

Serious, serious AAAAAHHHHH factor! Love the calicos.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Becky Mushko said...

Tara–a couple are giveaways.

Bets-I figured you'd like Jessica. Same head markings as your kitty.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Sweet Virginia Breeze said...

They are so cute! I can understand why your time is occupied with kitten watching. I love Jessica!

9:55 PM  
Blogger Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

They are gorgeous. I can understand why you have your hands full. We spend way too much time playing with Wild Thing, the kitty who appeared in our barn two months ago. He's all tame now. But he's not pretty like those guys!

www.GreenerPastures--ACityGirlGoesCountry.blogspot.com

9:31 PM  
Blogger Becky Mushko said...

I have three wild things and their mama in my barn, too. My wild things are way too pretty to be barn kitties but they're too wild to be pets.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

You need Dr. Kelly Doolittle over there to tame them. Our wild thing was one of the wildest ones I've ever had. At first, all we caught was a glimpse of his striped tail. We thought it was a raccoon. When we caught him in the live trap, he was spitting and hissing and flipping around and we were afraid he'd have a heart attack if we didn't get him out of there ASAP. Now he's Mr. Purr Machine. Kelly has a way with animals.

www.GreenerPastures--ACityGirlGoesCountry.blogspot.com

5:41 AM  
Anonymous Claudia said...

They are so cute!!ah, but kittens become cats...

3:42 PM  
Blogger Becky Mushko said...

. . . and cats are charming, too!

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home