Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Too Darn Hot

It's too hot to do much of anything. Yesterday, the temperature hit 91; today it's 88. Plus I pulled a muscle in my back, so that gives me another excuse not to do anything.

Consequently, the gazebo landscaping project is on hold. However, I've planted some herbs and a few flowers. I've even spread a bit of mulch from the second load I bought. I still have a long way to go before finishing the project. It's just too hot. (And there's that pulled muscle, too.)


Across the road, the dairy farmer has been cutting silage for a couple of days. The other day, from my seat in a comfortable chair, the field looked like this:


I am not the only one who enjoys the view from the gazebo. The cats have decided that it makes a great cathouse. Dylan is especially fond of it.


He's checked it out from several angles.



A great place for a cat to hang out.

Plus, it's just too darn hot to do much of anything else.
~

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Clementine said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your back. I hope you're up and at it again soon! Your cats make me smile. I love how they take over anything new! LOL

8:32 PM  
Blogger Sweet Virginia Breeze said...

It's too darn hot to do any outside work, so sit back in your new gazebo - with a cool drink and rest that pulled muscle. Hope your back feels better soon.

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home