Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Saturday, July 19, 2008

What's Blooming Now?

The flowers in my yard are changing. I still have plenty of coneflowers, but the orange daylilies have gone. However, some other lilies are blooming. The blackberry lily is one of my favorites. My Lake Writer buddy Sally gave me the seeds (which look like blackberries) a few years ago:



I can't remember the name of this lily or where I got it. The little flowers beneath it are Tears of Job:


Most of my gladiolas fall over shortly after they bloom, but this one stayed upright:


The Rose of Sharon bushes are still blooming:


The crepe myrtles are starting to bloom. The holly almost hides this one:


My work-in-progress is blooming, too. I'm now at 32,000 words. And it's changed a lot from when I started.
~

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Perfect. Kelly drew a picture of your lillies to show me what her favorite flower is and we couldn't think of the name of it.

My horses are reaching their heads through the fence and eating my gladiolas. I hope they're not poisonous. They probably are. Everything these horses get into is.

www.GreenerPastures--ACityGirlGoesCountry.blogspot.com

4:12 PM  
Blogger Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

And congrats on the work-in-progress!

www.GreenerPastures--ACityGirlGoesCountry.blogspot.com

4:13 PM  
Blogger Les Berkley said...

I think your mystery lily is 'Stargazer'. I have it myself, and it looks right.

Les

9:32 AM  
Blogger Amy Hanek said...

Nice pictures (must equal nice work on the book?).

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home