Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Chaucer Blogs

Not only does Samuel Pepys keep a blog, but I recently learned that Geoffrey Chaucer has also been blogging (in middle English, no less!) since March.

Particularly noteworthy is the April 9 blog entry, in which he reveals his plan for "a worke of grete literarye merit, and of much sentence and solaas. And school-childer alle across thys grete erth shal reden of thes tales and thanke me for the delite they haue, much more delite than the distiches of catoun shal euere brynge, or even the grapes of wrathe."

What can I say? I'm an ex-English teacher. I like stuff like this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home