Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Friday, June 23, 2006

Reflections of a Young Border Collie, Part 2

by Maggie Mae

I love to play in water, so I love creeks! Sometimes in the evenings, I get to ride in the truck to the farm down the road. Before long, I'm in the creek. I splash and soak.

Then I run. I especially like to run through tall grass. Then I go back to the creek.

Here I am at the place in Polecat Creek that was the favorite place of my owner's former border collie. Can you see me? I'm black and white like a polecat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home