Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Sunday, December 23, 2018

Charlotte's Web Surfing

A guest post by Charlotte
(One of the resident kitties)

Something a kitty can do on an otherwise boring day is to watch videos. I like videos about rodents and birds. Today when Mommy let me use the computer, I watched this one that was mostly about a rat.


It got my attention as soon as the rat appeared. I could hardly take my eyes off that rat!


I had to look from another angle to properly study that rodent.


I tried to touch him, but my paw wouldn't go through the screen. I even looked behind the computer to see if I could grab him from the back.


I couldn't. I swear that rat was mocking me. 


My brother Otis decided to watch with me, but he couldn't figure out how we could get that rat either.


Otis even laughed out loud because I wanted to grab the rat and couldn't.


But the rat didn't care. It didn't pay any attention to us.



Finally the rat left and a bird came on. We liked that rat better than the bird.


That's when Mommy cut the video off and Otis left. But I watched that black screen for several minutes just in case. Then my Mom-cat Alfreda came along and I took a nap with her.


Alfreda isn't really my mom-cat, but she adopted me and Otis when we were real little, and she raised us just like we were hers. She likes me better than she likes Otis (but don't tell him I said so).


After I napped for a while, I decided to blog about watching the video. It took a while for me to choose which pictures to use.


I don't like it that this one has a flash in it. It looks like the rat is exploding. But I decided to use it anyway.


After I had this blog-post almost ready to upload, I tried to get Tanner to look at it, but he was sleeping.


Anyhow, I really liked the video and I give it two paws up! If you have kitties, you might want to share the video with them.

~

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home