Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Friday, June 06, 2014

Fixing the PT

When the driver's side window on our oldest PT Cruiser refused to close, my husband turned to his trusty iPad for help. A bit of Googling turned up a very helpful YouTube video that explained how to replace a broken power window regulator, which was apparently the old PT's problem.



My husband watched the video a few times and, again using his trusty iPad, ordered the necessary parts. This is what a PT door looks like when it's taken apart:



Fortunately, our wi-fi just reaches the garage, so the iPad was propped up while my husband messed with took the door apart. It only took a couple of days for the part to arrive.


The part of the door not being messed with worked on was propped against the truck's tire.


With a lot of stopping the video and rewinding, my husband was able to successfully repair the door.


Just in case you're interested (but I'll bet you're really not), here's the video he watched:


. . . and for those not interested in the PT but visit this blog to see pictures of cats, here's a picture of Tanner holding a flower:


Tanner, by the way, rode home in this PT when we rescued him at the dumpster back in March 2013.
~

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger CountryDew said...

I was able to repair the air conditioner on my camry using information off the internet several years ago. All it needed was a fuse, but I'd have never figured that out. It was great being able to save all of that money.

7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We love the do it yourself videos online... well, at least I do. David prefers to read instructions rather then view a video....

Glad you got it fixed and saved the cost of labor at a garage!

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home