Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

House-cat work

by Tanner (Youngest Resident Cat)

The other day, I blogged about my decorating skill. I still have a bit of work to do on the window treatment, so it is a work-in-progress.


Sometimes I have to stop and read the writing on the wall. I think I live pretty well.


But, as a house-cat, I have certain work that I must do. Sometimes I have to look high and low for meaningful work.


One thing I do around the house is check to make sure the dishwasher is properly unloaded.


Getting out can be a little tricky. Plus there's one dish that hasn't been unloaded yet.


Good thing I noticed that.


Next, I have to check the cupboards to make sure the dishes have been put away properly. Opening a cupboard door isn't easy, but I have learned how to do it. 



Everything in here looks OK.


I also inspect clothes going into or out of the dryer to make sure they have enough cat hair on them.


One way to see if the clothes are dry is to lie down on them. This also helps add cat hair.


Wait! Those jeans need a little more drying time!


Sometimes I have to re-read the instructions.


Doing cat-work can be tiring, so I often make time for a nap. A warm dryer door is a good place if you're not too heavy. (I am a very svelte cat, so it works for me.)


From the dryer door, I can reach other clothes that need washing.


A load of warm clothes fresh from the dryer is a good place to nap. It also gives me another chance to add cat hair to the clean clothes.


The top of the dryer is another good napping place.


Writing this blog post has made me so tired that I think I'll take another nap now.
~




Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Tanner I Luvz U so. I duz luv dryerz 'cuz they purr and are warm likz mommiz. U'z so right 'bout bein surz U get nuff cat hairs on humanz clothez, bery portant. My kin uze 2 be cabent checkerz. Eber thin in itz placez bery portant. Humanz ned catz of they neber get thins done. My Heroz, ~Kitty Kat

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home