Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

In the Mail

Today I was surprised and delighted with what came in the mail. Besides the weekly Smith Mountain Eagle and a copy of Better Homes and Gardens, I received a check for being a speaker at a writers' group. That was pretty good.

But even better was this:


My author's copies of the Anthology of Appalachian Authors, Vol. III arrived from Shepherd University! This was my second time my work has appeared in the anthology. My story "Rat-Killin'" was in Vol. II last year.

Naturally, I checked the table of contents to make sure I was really in it. Yep! Right on page 97.


I'd submitted a slightly different version of Query Letter from Helen from the one that had won first place in the fiction division at the 2010 CNU conference. It's nice to see the story in print.

I can't wait to read the book. I recognize quite a few contributors' names, and I know that they write good stuff.
~

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Congratulations Becky! What's it about?

9:07 PM  
Blogger Becky Mushko said...

Clueless writer-wannabe whose marriage is disintegrating queries a publisher with a long, rambling, totally wrong letter for her novel Green Pastures, Damp Dungeons, Dark Secrets, Desperate Damsels, and a Rubber Chicken.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Oh, that's got to be funny.

5:37 AM  
Blogger Cherie Reich said...

Congratulations! It's always exciting to get contributor's copies.

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home