Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Thursday, October 01, 2009

Commercially Writing

I'm not much of a TV watcher anymore, but sometimes a commercial catches my attention. I like a TV commercial that's well-written, that tells a story, and that is subtle in its sales pitch. If it's a bit ironic, so much the better.

When I saw this video of several Ameriquest commercials that a cousin of mine posted on Facebook, I knew I had to put it on this blog. You gotta love the writing behind these little stories, (but don't judge too quickly!):



Was that entertaining, or what?
~

6 Comments:

Blogger Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

I love a good commercial and they're making some good ones nowadays. I like that one where the parents are sitting out on the patio and they're texting and the kids are reprimanding them. Funny stuff.

www.GreenerPastures--ACityGirlGoesCountry.blogspot.com

9:35 PM  
Blogger Becky Mushko said...

Yeah—I like that commercial, too.

10:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Absolutely hysterical!! Thanks for sharing, Becky!

~Tara

12:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I rarely see a commercial since when one comes on Hubby hits the remote and changes to a movie channel without commercials. *sighs*

DI

8:05 AM  
Blogger KathyA said...

OMG!! Those are hilarious!

2:55 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Those are GREAT!!!!!!!!! Yesterday we spent all of our rhetorical studies class analyzing commercials. I think I may take these to Norfolk. Professor Moberly would love them.

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home