Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Friday, May 30, 2008

Horsing Around

This morning, I’m going out to ride Cupcake. My cousin Mary (who is younger and more agile than I am) will work Melody for me. Consequently, instead of leaving you a witty, profound, insightful blog post (Do I do those? Oh. . . .), I’ll leave you some horse-riding activities to try just in case you don't have a horse of your own to ride:

Warning: The Jumporama: Horse Riding Coach is addictive. All you have to do is jump a course by pressing the spacebar before each jump. The crowd cheers when you jump successfully and groans when you jump too early or too late.

In Lexie’s Ride, a kid and her pony are playing in the snow. This game was designed for kids, so you shouldn’t have too much trouble. If you do, get a kid to show you.


In Peter Pony, another game designed for kids, you gather up horseshoes. I don’t know why anyone would want to do that, but if you do, here it is.


Have a good time horsing around. Our regularly scheduled blog posts will return tomorrow.

Or the day after. Whenever.
~

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy Hanek said...

Was that sarcasm? I'm not used to seeing it on your blog - NOT! lol

8:18 AM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Oh fun! Thank you Miss Becky! I miss riding. Do we get to see any pictures from today?

7:03 PM  
Blogger Claudia Condiff said...

Becky, well, I just fell off the horse in the jumping thing three times, and NO PAIN! I love it, you are too fun!

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home