Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Saturday, March 15, 2008

So Much to Blog, So Little Time

I'm baaack!

I just returned from a wonderful two days spent visiting friends in Newport News and attending the Christopher Newport Writers Conference.

Wednesday, Sally and I were guest writers at Staunton River High School. We met some interesting students and thoroughly enjoyed our visit (and our lunch!).

Thursday, I finished reading Jodi Picoult's Nineteen Minutes (what a powerful book!)

And I just acquired a used copy of another Cassie Edward's Savage Something-or-Another romance. Should be good for laughs. Should have same plot formula as the other one I read. It'll be fun picking out the plagiarized parts.

Plus my Lake Writer buddy "Duke" just emailed me another four chapters of his murder mystery to critique. I'm delighted how his manuscript has developed.

And yesterday my cousin Marty snail-mailed me from the Outer Banks about what our grandma told her about our Great-aunt Pearl's death.

Now, I've got to get started on a review of Peggy Shifflett's two books for one of the newspapers. Peggy will be one of the folks appearing at the Franklin County Library on May 15.

I'll blog all this eventually. Just give me a few days to get caught up.

~

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Busy busy girl!

9:59 PM  
Blogger Becky Mushko said...

Yeah—and I'm still tired. But I'm havig fun!

9:08 AM  
Blogger Amy Hanek said...

Good to see you yesterday!

8:15 AM  
Blogger CountryDew said...

You always seem to be enjoying life. I think that is great.

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home