Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Juggling Books

No, not books about juggling. I often read several books at the same time. I juggle the time I spend with each one. I usually have at least one fiction and one-non-fiction going at once; sometimes more. Sometimes a lot more.

Here’s what I’m currently reading and why:

Book I recently finished: Sharyn McCrumb’s Once Around the Track (Kensington, 2007)

That three-foot stack of books I hadn’t read last summer has now grown to over eight feet of shelf space.

And the pile of magazines I keep meaning to read? I won't even go there.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy Hanek said...

Oh Becky I know what you mean.

I just picked up Sharyn McCrumb's book last week, but also just received a stack from my mother. My sister gave me a ghost hunting book (and I need to dive into L.B. Taylor's collection). I also picked up Harry Potter, The Order of the Phoenix. I have already read this one, but wanted to read it again - just for fun.

I love Jodi Picoult. The Plain Truth is a lasting book as is My Sister's Keeper. Good endings in her books - well worth my time any day!

I will be diving into your book and Marion's book this week too...

8:50 PM  
Blogger Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

I'm the same way. 4 or 5 books at once. Fiction, non-fiction, a writing book, the magazines... Love your choices and look forward to reading some of them that you recommended.

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home